Monday, 3 October 2011

Under The Cherry Blossoms


Hello October! It's a new month and the start of new beginnings–– I have a little feeling that wonderful and happy things are in store for this perfect month and it has me smiling like the cheshire cat! I have been missing in action for the past few days and Oh! how I missed blogging! Just jotting down the things that inspire me most and the small little happenings that add a touch of sunshine to my days. 


There is a quote that my beautiful little Domi found, and I think it contains some of the most honest and true words I have ever come across, so I would like to share them with you and hope you are inspired by them as much as I was...

"Even after all this time, The sun never says to the earth, 'You owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that~ It lights up the whole sky." 
~ Hafiz~ 



Words... It has been estimated that people speak about 16 000 words a day. 16 000! Yet how many of these words are spoken with meaning, how many are used in their true form and how many are honest in their intent? It's a bizarre thing really, to question the words we speak on a daily basis, but when I read one simple sentence like the quote by Hafiz, it makes me realise the impact of something as simple as a word. People have become so desensitised to meaningful words such as love, honesty,courage,integrity, peace, happiness and most of all promise! As a result the words become tarnished and their presence becomes questionable. 


Yet, if we chose our words carefully, used them with integrity and spoke them from the heart, the power of our words would be filled with promise. I guess that the question really should be: when did actions start to speak louder then words? I read poetry by Wordsworth, Shakespeare and Keats and observe the way in which the words in their poems speak volumes, but times have changed and where words once  moved mountains, they now stand stagnant. So we rely on actions, which now speak louder than words...
 But every now and then someone says something beautiful like:

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” 
~Walt Disney~

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."~Roy Croft~


And they just fill us with inspiration, happiness and love. The best thing about words, is that one word from one person to another can sometimes mean so much more than the speaker ever imagined. One simple word could bring a smile to someone's heart, could comfort someone, could fill someone with happiness, could change someone's day from being absolutely terrible to rather special. So, I guess what I am getting at, is that we should all use our words carefully. When you love someone tell them, when someone has upset you tell them, when you are sorry, apologise and when you are wrong admit to it! Go out today and say something nice to someone because your words are more powerful then you realise and so much good can be done through something as simple as words...


You have 16 000 words a day... make them worth speaking


Have a Happy Day 
Xoxo

No comments: