Monday, 17 October 2011

Tickled Pink



It has been way too long since I last blogged! Time is just flying by and everything is so busy, but I promised myself, and Niamh, that today I would set aside some time to write about something that has inspired me these past few weeks. At first, I found it hard to decide what I wanted to write about and then I got to thinking about different things and the affect that they had on me. My mind settled on the colour pink... 


In the words of Audrey Hepburn, "I believe in pink," and I believe in the way pink makes me feel: Happy!


These nude nail colours are simply stunning, just two coats of that and you are left feeling pampered and pretty.


I absolutely love these and I'm definitely going to have my own ones made! I always worry that one day someone will accidentally take my bag with all of my favourite clothes and accessories and shoes! I think these tags add a touch of fun and would definitely make me smile! Especially the "Hands Off" and "My clothes won't fit you" ones. I love it when people are creative and add their own personality into the things they do. 


Carrousels!  One of my absolute favourite things... There is something so vintage about carrousels and I especially love the detailed and pretty ones, with gorgeous horses...






 A little bite of heaven and it's pink! Can't get better than that! 



Having been out of touch with my usual blogging habits has really made me realise how much blogging makes me smile. I think it is important to find the thing that inspires you and to share it with everyone around you. Writing is my favourite thing, it allows me to escape, makes me happy and I use it to express myself. I hope that you are inspired to find something that makes you happy and set aside some time to do a little bit each day –– it really is therapeutic. 


I was reading one of the most amazing blogs, The Bottom of the Ironing Basket and one of the posts really made a impact on me, so I am going to share this wise advice with you:
Six Daily Happiness Exercises...

1. Always look on the bright side: If someone breaks a book that you lent them, think of it as a great excuse to buy a kindle –– Amazing new gadget, no more worry! 


2. Meet a friend for breakfast, lunch or supper... or all three :) I have the most incredible friends in the world, each of them is inspirational in their own way, some with their words, some with their actions, some just by being in their presence. Be it 5 minutes of 5 days in their company, I never leave without feeling cheerful


3. Introduce the "Weekend Rule of Three": Now that I have to work Monday to Friday, I find that the weekends are my favourite time to just relax. But they are also the only time I get to spend lengthy periods of time chatting and catching up with my friends and family, so I tend to jam-pack them with events so that I can see everyone I haven't had time to see in the week! This often starts my new week off being rather lethargic. So, instead of making thousands of arrangements, just make three and take the rest of your weekend to do thing spontaneously 


4. Joy Jolts: Ask a friend or someone who knows you really well, what they think makes you truly happy. Often someone else can pinpoint something you don't even realise


5. Spend time with your Three Happiest Friends: Happiness is contagious the more you are surrounded by happy people, the more it will rub off on you


6. My own step: Do something kind for someone else: Sometimes all it takes is a smile or a phonecall to make someone else's day happy and you'll end up feeling happier in yourself because you know you have done something good.


Mantra for the week: Be so happy that when others look at you, they can't help but feel happy too!!

Have a Beautiful Monday
Xoxo

No comments: