Thursday, 20 October 2011

A Frosting of Friendship


It's an odd feeling, knowing that today is the end of my week... odd, but oh so wonderful! I'm going to be counting down the minutes, no, the seconds until 5:30 today! I just hope that the next six days go as slowly as the minutes I have to count...


This bathroom is inspiring me to do some decorating in my week off. It looks beautiful and so inviting!


So, today, the thing that inspired me most, is my friend, Kim. You rarely find those friendships when you just automatically click with someone. Yesterday, Kim really touched my heart with her kindness and her compassion, I'm so lucky to have such an angel in my life and she has inspired me in so many ways. 

Absolutely love the ruffles!

So, today, I'm going to take the opportunity to tell my friends how much I love them and thank them for being such a huge inspiration in my life.

My Nerd, Roxy, Pasci, Jussi, Lessi, Romy, Domi, Picaso, Avivi, Megs, Niamh, Heike, Kimmy B, Linds and  Kimmy M...

True friends are like fairytales, they have been there since once upon a time and they'll be there forever after... I am so lucky to have each of you in my life. Thank you for all the smiles, the laughs and for being there through thick and thin! 


To each of you and to everyone who has added sunshine and magic to my life...
My wish for you is: comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunshine to warm your heart, hugs when your spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you're in doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth and love and happiness to complete your life!



Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things

Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves


A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked 

The best friend, is the one you can sit on a porch swing with, not saying a word, and walk away afterwards feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had

The most beautiful discovery true friends make, is that they can grow separately, without growing apart


I mentioned that I wanted to bake a surprise cake during my little break, so, I have put together my very own recipe for a decadent friendship cake:

The Perfect Batter Ingredients: 
3 cups of respect 
2 handfuls of affection
2 equal amounts of sharing
5 teaspoons of humility

The Important Icing:
1 box of love
2 cups of integrity
3 teaspoons of care
1 tablespoon of kindness
A sprinkle of laughter 

The Method:
Preheat the oven of love with lots of hugs and kisses
Mix together the ingredients and add understanding, smiles and laughter
Sift the mixture, leaving behind any traces of pride, greed or jealousy
Bake with love and care and all the things you share 
Decorate generously with the frosting of trust 

The secret ingredient: forgiveness 





Do something special for your friends today just because you can 



Happy Friendship Thursday
Xoxo

No comments: