Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Life Is Sweet

On Monday, I thought it was just a coincidence that the deep purple CASSIS delivery van drove past me... Tuesday, I was a little annoyed when it happened again, but I tried to ignore the purple blur out the corner of my eye, as hard as it was...  This morning, I am convinced that they are trying to torment me... Let me explain. Picture this... 

 and this...
 and then this...
Now picture it driving past you... beyond your reach! Yes... imagine the taste, the deliciousness... now watch it dissapear! Isn't it terrible?! For those of you who don't know, CASSIS is the South African equivalent of the infamous Laudree in Paris. Yes, the masters of the best Macaroons in the world...

There are a few of these stores situated in and around Cape Town and I am a frequent visitor. Macaroons... Everything about a macaroon is wonderful! They are little bites of happiness and can turn a very bad day into a very, very good day! Just Magical! If you have never tried one, you are missing out on one of the greatest joys of life... 



There are hundreds of different flavours to choose from! Rasberry, Piscacio, Chocolate, Coconut, Vanilla, Orange-Chocolate and Lemon to mention but a few. They even experiment with flavours such as Black Forest, Lavender and  Pina Colada. My  absolute favorites are still the Pistacio and Chocolate ones.

This episode of Gossip Girl had me laughing for days, and it is the perfect example of the power of a Macaroon! Roses, Macaroons and a Hot Bubble Bath! Mmmmm... Sounds like the perfect destresser to me! Laudree went on to use the clip for their marketing campaign ...


 Love this!

I have been wanting to make my own batch of Macaroons for a while now, and have recently bought Alice Thompson's first book, Macaron. The beautiful book has 35 delicious recipes including  flavours such as salted caramel and liquorice. 


They are not hard to make and you'll reap the rewards of their deliciousness when they are done! To give you an idea, I have uploaded a short video tutorial for you...

 Such a cute song :)

You will hardly ever catch me in the kitchen but when I do feel like baking, I love playing music  in the background. I find french tunes create a lovely atmosphere and adds a little touch of fun to the process- Makes me feel professional :)







All Images: We ♥ It

The best thing about Macaroons? They are the perfect touch of magic... anyday, anytime, anywhere! ♥ 
I hope you have been inspired to try macaroons or to make your very own!


Have a Beautiful and Happy Day
X




No comments: